Drilling Facilities Integrity Management – Ageing and Life Extension
Axiom Offshore Services are a specialist division of Axiom NDT Ltd (Est. 1985), operating within the onshore and offshore Oil, Gas and Renewables markets from offices in Aberdeen and Glasgow.
Our involvement with structural inspection of drilling derricks and drilling packages dates back to 1986 and our reputation has been built in this demanding environment.
- HSE Key Programme Four ‘Ageing & Life Extension of Offshore Installations’ due for completion at the end of 2013 seeks to promote awareness and management of the risks associated with ageing offshore plant.
- The majority of our North Sea client base operates (or operates on) ageing assets that are approaching or beyond their original life expectancy.
- An integrity management system is therefore of prime importance
- Experience gained in the Oil and Gas Sector could also be applied to Renewable Energy as inspection regimes are established under DNV OS-J101:2011 or BS EN 61400-3: 2009
We provide a structured approach to integrity management that aims to provide our clients with a clear understanding of the current condition of their asset, compliance with statutory inspection regimes and the ability to demonstrate progress towards close out or surveillance of issues as they arise.
ROGUES GALLERY – AGEING ASSETS AND THE NEED FOR AN INSPECTION REGIME!
Our approach to asset integrity management has been developed through long exposure to the offshore drilling industry – however the services below also suit the needs of the emerging market for inspection of Wind Energy Assets such as monopiles or substations.
All services can be provided independently or as part of your RBI strategy
Since 2011, we have partnered with StarNet Geomatics to provide a High Definition 3D Laser Scanning (HDS) and Modelling service, specifically tailored to offshore drilling derricks and drilling packages.
Full, online, integration with an integrity register or our derrick survey and inspection reports provides a ‘state of the art’ integrity management system, as well as allowing a visual (post survey) cross check of damaged areas and ‘virtual tour’ of scanned areas.
We offer a combined package of services, uniquely tailored to the offshore drilling industry, and by providing an experienced, multi-disciplined workforce able to action a number of classes of survey, we are able to demonstrate both cost and time efficiency.
Our range of drilling services includes:
- Derrick Surveys- Structural (API 4G / 4F) and Dropped Object Prevention (DROPS)
- Critical Load Path / Hoisting and Handling Equipment Inspection (API RP 8B)
- Annual Surveys – NDT and Visual Inspection of Piping, Mechanical and Vessel items
- LOLER Surveys and Auditing
- EX Inspection and Maintenance
- Installation and Removal of Drilling Equipment
- DROPS Inventories and Picture Books
It’s not all drilling though..
Our multi-disciplined inspectors are currently active on offshore projects including pipework corrosion assessment (UT/CVI); structural topside inspection (NDT/CVI); pedestal crane inspections (UT/ECI/MPI), dimensional surveys / 3D HDS laser scanning and quality control of advanced ultrasonic inspection.
Our core team (permanently employed and qualified to both PCN and ASNT standard, including the new PCN /CSWIP Offshore Inspectors qualification) have been with us many years and are supported by an in-house inspection department.
We have completed over 300 offshore rope access projects, many of them long running, with no lost time incidents.
NDT Service Range
We can provide:
- Ultrasonic Inspection (UT) to 3.9 (drilling package piping – corrosion assessment / pad-eye weld inspection)
- Eddy Current Inspection – NDT of in-service items through conductive coatings
- Advanced Ultrasonic Inspection- Time of Flight (TOFD) and Phased Array (weld inspection)
- Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI) and Dye Penetrant Inspection (DPI)
- Positive Material Identification (PMI)
- Rope Access (IRATA Operating Member)
However unusual or difficult your project may appear, a solution will be found!
Some Recent Comments from our Clients
“Just a quick note to say how happy I have been with the attitude and professionalism of your technicians.
They have carried out their duties diligently and have actively participated in the platform Safety initiatives”
Forbes Scott-Lodge, Judy Platform OIE
“All in all, I would say that this inspection has been of the highest quality; in particular the presentation of the findings is best in class, amongst the best that I have seen.”
Neil Mitchell, Enquest (commenting on the 2011 inspection of Thistle Alpha Drilling Derrick and detection of defects using eddy current)
“I thought I would take this opportunity to inform you that the netting job is really going well. It was an absolute pleasure working with such an enthusiastic and proactive team fuelled with both humour and positive attitudes (to be honest I did not want to return to the office). At some point, I would like to visit your location just to express my thanks and look at other potential work scopes where we may be able to continue building strong working relationships.”
Ivor A’lee |Rope Access and Inspection Divisional Manager |Cape Industrial Services