Axiom’s drilling rig reactivation and rig modification services cover a large variety of specialist activities for the oil and gas sectors. Offshore activities range from the examination and testing of winches to the installation Top Drive Systems. Axiom specialise in providing an integrated package of services that can be cost efficiently utilised in rig reactivation campaigns to get assets operational faster.
Drilling Rig Reactivation
Axiom is able to provide a demonstrable service efficiency during rig reactivation by combining and managing a number of different inspection disciplines within a single package of work which can simplify and streamline the reactivation process.
Axiom has worked on numerous rig reactivations during thirty years inspecting and maintaining drilling assets in the oil and gas industry.
During rig reactivation works on the North Cormorant and Tern, we supplied:
- Rigging Loft and Rigging Supervisor
- Specialist Test Equipment
- LEEA Certified Lifting Equipment Examiners
- Rope Access Support
- Derrick Tools Aloft and Rigging Kit
- Full suite of NDT services
Drilling rig reactivation works included:
- Thorough Examination and Test of Winches and Padeyes
- Preparation of all Lift Plans
- Removal and installation of:
- Top Drive System (Tern)
- Top Drive and drawworks Radiator (North Cormorant)
- Choke Manifold
- Mud Pumps/Mud Pump Dampeners
- Installation of Steelwork and Valves to Ross Heat Exchanger
- Derrick Remedials
- Structural (API4G) and DROPS Surveys
- Dropped Object Prevention Inventory and Picture Book (Tern)
- Critical Load Path Inspection (North Cormorant)
- NDT of Hoisting and Handling Equipment
- Corrosion Assessment of HP and LP Pipework.
Relevant Axiom Projects: